Tuesday 29 May 2012

happy tuesday// links


Howdy folks! 
This week I am making a list and working to schedule everything in so I can be ready for when I open shop again on June 18th. So far I've been busy cutting out patterns for clutches rather like these, planning which knits to put in the shop, and other projects (care to see some of my inspirations?).
Today is dedicated to sewing and nursing a Little Friend who is feeling a little poorly; she came by after lunch feeling ill and we've laid her up on the sofa with fresh mint tea and Little Women (as a matter of fact, I've got to scurry and finish so I can sit with her!). What makes you feel more comfortable when you feel ill?
As I've gotten older I rarely get any kind of malady, save for the occasional 24-hour flu bug, so when I do get ill it's rather a novelty.

Also this week I've decided to make more time for reading and am making a summer book list; though I love reading any and all sorts of books, it's hard for me to make the time for it (there always seems to be something else more useful to be doing!), but not this summer. Lately I've come across a few wonderful books and will hopefully make it a priority to read them. Here's what I have so far...

This Momentary Marriage by John Piper~first inspired by this tear-jerking video.
When the Darkness Will Not Lift also by John Piper
Psychobabble by Richard Ganz, about the failure of modern psychology and the Biblical alternative

This post could be longer but as I said, I have a Little Friend who needs me to watch Little Women with her and I love that sort of thing. :)

What are your summer plans?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin