Friday 11 May 2012

heading west & a sneak peek


This past week has brought me back to the canvas and paint pens! A few months ago, I had painted this particular canvas some cheery shades of blue and yellow but due to my lack of inspiration I stored it in the closet. Has that ever happened to you? You start off on a project and get all excited about it only to come to the middle and realize you can't envision the finished product? Hm, maybe that's just me. ;)


As I said, this past week has brought it out again and I'm just putting the finishing touches on it; when I revisited the project, I knew that I wanted to put either a scripture verse or a line from a favorite hymn; well, after some debating I went with Hebrews 6:19. Somehow it seemed fitting to put a verse that had to do with the sea and I love that this verse has to do with something as cheerful as hope.
I'm not totally done with it yet but be expecting it in the shop soon!


In other news, I'm heading out west this coming week! Soon we'll be driving off into the sunset, going as far west as you can while still in Texas to visit family and friends; it'll be a grand time and I'm thinking/hoping there will be quite a bit of hiking involved. I'm looking forward to the dryer climate. ;)
All that to say that this space will be a wee quiet until the 21st of this month but don't throw this blog off entirely! I'm looking forward to introducing some new shop items and maybe even a diy project (gotta finish it first though ;) So, until next time, happy friday and happy trails.

p.s. I've update the shop profile! Take a look.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin