Thursday 19 July 2012

get it done

Today I was reminded by this wonderfully open post that life is so much more than what you see in a blog post. As I read through my list of favorite blogs, it's easy for me to forget that the lives of the blogger goes beyond what is shared online. Blogs are interesting that way, on the one hand it's a fabulous way to keep up with family and friends (new and not so new), learn new things, become inspired, and express a bit about who you are, on the other hand it's the very nature of a blog to present a small snapshot of someone's life, primarily what the writer wants you to see and in the way he wants you to see it. 
There is a blog that I regularly read about a mumsy of seven living in the beautiful North Eastern part of the US; she knits her own handspun wool, makes laundry detergent, wears her own handknit/sewn items all year-round, and has wine and candlelit dinners every night (ha!). What one doesn't see it the sink full of dishes, mopey faces, or spilled milk; one could quite assume that life happens exactly like it looks on their blog.But it doesn't, praise the Lord! How does sanctification happen but
for things like spilled milk, frazzled tears, and broken china (another story for another time)?

All of that to say that this morning I skipped the Thursday morning yoga routine on account of my "let's do this!" list, while I made excellent progress on the painted name signs yesterday there are still two bunches of daisies that need to be embroidered; we are expecting some dear-practically-family friends for a visit (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) so necessary preparations must be made, which are not burdensome, it just takes time. Additionally I have occasion to make some embroidered notecards as well as some baked goods for tomorrow. Earlier this morning I was writing a post about changes I'll be making to my shop but was distracted by...I don't even remember what! So, here is my post reminding you that I too have busy days; days when I wonder if I'll be able to get everything done, but praise God, through my long "let's do this!" list and cluttered spaces I can see that this is all to stretch and grow me; and I can be so very grateful for the situations that keep me in prayer. Now, if you'll excuse me, there are some dirty dishes that need to be done.


{via}

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin